Run or Walk for a Reason!
2015 5K Run/Walk Supporting Local Cancer Fund
For every adult entry for the 2015 Affinity Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine 5K Run/Walk, $5 of every adult entry will be donated to the St. Elizabeth Hospital Cancer Fund to support cancer services for area patients. Watch for ways to provide additional support before the race and on race day!
Charities Using Our Event to Raise Money
The following charities are using our 2015 event to help raise money for their organizations and causes. For more information, please contact the organization directly.
- myTEAM TRIUMPH is 501(c)(3) non-profit athletic ride-along program created for children, teens, adults and veterans with disabilities who would normally not be able to experience endurance events such as triathlons or road races.
- myTEAM TRIUMPH brings the community together with the equipment necessary to allow them to experience the energy of packet pick-up and the thrill of crossing the finish line.
- myTEAM TRIUMPH promotes health, teamwork, and community, and requires the involvement of many people with diverse abilities and disabilities.
The Littlest Tumor Foundation is first and foremost a foundation working toward a future treatment of tumor growth in children. Its beginnings are based on the founder’s son, Sami, who at age 4 1/2 was diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis (NF). Their initial fundraising efforts raised nearly $50,000 in funds for a PreClinical Consortium Research Initiative and ultimately led to the creation of the Littlest Tumor Foundation. The foundation has three simple goals: (1) to sponsor and advocate for research, (2) to empower families with wellness scholarships, and (3) to create NF awareness.
Changing lives: that’s what Team World Vision is all about—the lives of children in Africa and Haiti, and the lives of our team members.
As you train for a race and ask others to make donations on your behalf, you help communities in need by enabling World Vision to provide access to things like clean water.
Girls on the Run of Northeast Wisconsin is a transformational physical activity-based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Download the Charity Miles IPhone or Android app that
empowers you to earn money for charity while exercising!
- Before your workout, select your charity of choice
- Bikers earn 10 cents and run/walkers earn 25 cents per mile
- Press start and hit the streets
- The app will track your distance and you’ll
earn money to help your charity change the world
- Share your achievements
Supporting the Future of Running
Local high school cross country teams are able to earn a donation to their program by providing race weekend volunteers. Race participants in all race weekend events will help support this program and the future of running in the Fox Cities. 11 high school cross country teams are scheduled to participate in 2015:
- Appleton East High School
- Appleton North High School
- Appleton West High School
- Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Kaukauna High School
- Kimberly High School
- Little Chute High School
- Menasha High School
- Neenah High School
- St. Mary Central High School
- Xavier High School