ThedaCare Orthopedics Plus Half Marathon
Half Marathon Registration Cap: 3,200
The ThedaCare Orthopedics Plus Half Marathon Open Division begins at 7:00 a.m. with the Competitive Walk Division starting at 7:05 a.m. in front of the Barlow Planetarium on the University of Wisconsin Fox Valley campus in Menasha.
The 13.1 mile route will follow the Marathon course until mile 2.25 where it splits off on its own before rejoining the last 8 miles of the Marathon to the finish line. The course features a flat terrain with only one bridge overpass at mile 2.
All Half Marathon finishers receive a 2013 custom printed short sleeve technical FINISHERS shirt and a Finishers medal to commemorate their race participation and finish at the 2013 Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Kimberly-Clark!
ThedaCare Orthopedics Plus, our Half Marathon sponsor, has an online group for you to participate in to talk to other runners and walkers.
- Look on The Daily Mile website, the group is called We Got Guts.
- As a member, you’ll be able to communicate with other people making the same commitment for this race.
- You can share your own experiences, tips, successes, challenges, provide motivators to your friends and arrange meet-up times to train with other people in the group.
- Start now and get motivated! We Got Guts on the Daily Mile.
Half Marathon Competitive Walk
7:05 a.m. - Competitive Walkers OWN Start
The course is the same as the open division of the half marathon, but with your own start you'll be able to navigate the course free of congestion and still experience the excitement of race day!
The Competitive Walk is designed for participants that are looking for a competition that features walking only. If you're unsure if you might run, jog, shuffle or do anything other than walk - it is recommended that you sign up for the open division of the half marathon.
Click here for detailed Competitive Walk rules
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (920) 882-9499
Gender Specific Shirts
Back for a second year, all 2013 all ThedaCare Orthopedics Plus Half Marathon finishers will receive a gender specific shirt in the Finish Line Chute! Please make sure you select your correct shirt size on your registration form!
2013 Half Marathon Course Maps
Click here to access the 2013 Half Marathon map via MapMyRun
- Includes mile marker locations & elevation chart
Sunday Morning Start Times
6:00 a.m. Full Marathon participants expecting to finish in 7+ hrs.
6:55 a.m. Wheelchairs/Hand-crank
7:00 a.m. Full Marathon, Half Marathon - Open Division, Relay Marathon
7:05 a.m. Half Marathon - Competitive Walk Division
Starting Line Location
University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley, 1478 Midway Road, Menasha, WI
Click here for Mapquest directions
Start Line Corrals
To ensure a smooth and safe start for all race participants, the field will be separated into four (4) seeded corrals. We ask that you enter the gate that corresponds to the letter on your race bib (i.e. 'CORRAL C'). Your corral number is based on the estimated finishing time you provided us on your registration form. Please look for pacing signage and helpful volunteers at the Start Line to assist you in entering the correct corral.
Seeded gates with the fastest in the front and progressively slower runners/walkers behind will minimize the amount of unnecessary passing during the first few miles and make for a safer and more enjoyable experience and event for everyone. You may start with a slower corral than you have been assigned; however you cannot start with a faster corral than you have been assigned.
Half Marathon Expected Finishing Time
Less than 9:00
2:00 - 2:30
9:00 - 11:30
Competitive Walk Division (red race bibs)
ALL Competitive Walkers MUST start in Corral D
Finish Line Location
Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, WI
Click here for Mapquest directions
2013 Registration Fees
Aug 1 - Sept 19
Half Marathon Course Information
- USATF Certified Course
- The course is open until 2:00 p.m.
- No race-day entries are permitted
- Transfer of race numbers is not allowed
- No early starters allowed on the race course for the Half Marathon (Early starters in the Half Marathon will be disqualified and will not be eligible for overall or age group awards.)
- You must wear your timing chip
- Water and Gatorade will be available throughout the course approximately every 1-2 miles. GU Energy Gel will be available at two locations on the course.
- Porta-potties will be available at the Start Line, Finish Line and near every water station approximately every 1-2 miles.
- Regular bikes, skates, dogs, strollers or unauthorized vehicles are not allowed
- Click here for shuttle and parking information.
- Visit our FAQ page if you have more questions.
Half Marathon Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration
UW-Fox Valley, 1478 Midway Road, Menasha
Friday, September 20th 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 21st 9:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m.
Ample parking is available on the west side of UW-Fox Valley
(access to parking via University Ave, north of Midway Rd)
1st Time Half Marathoners Question & Answer Clinic
If you're new to the half marathon distance and you have last minute questions, then plan on attending the 1st Timers Q & A. The clinic takes place at two separate times at the Health & Wellness Expo (check at the PaceSetters Running Club booth at the expo for a more detailed location):
- Friday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 21 at 3:00 p.m.
Both clinic sessions will include a panel of veteran marathon and half marathon participants to set you mind at ease the night before your race.
PaceSetters Half Marathon Pacing Teams
The PaceSetters Running Club of the Fox Cities will provide group leaders to assist runners in achieving their goal time for the Half Marathon. Target times will be 1 hr. 45 min, 2:00, 2:15, and 2:30. Participation is FREE! Register during packet pick-up at the Expo.
The PaceSetters Pacing Team Information Clinic will be held on Saturday, September 21 at 3:30 p.m. at the Health & Wellness Expo. Participants will receive information and meet the PaceSetters club members who will be leading the pacing teams.
For more information, please visit our Pacing Teams page.
Overall & Age Division Awards
- Top three male and female overall winners
- Top three male and female masters division winners (40+ years)
- Half Marathon Open Division: Top three male and female age group winners (age groups start with 19 & under and increase in five-year increments through age 80 & over)
- Half Marathon Competitive Walk Division: Top three male and female age group winners (age groups start with 19 & under and increase in ten-year increments through age 80 & over)
Half Marathon Course Video
Back to Events Page