Community First Fox Cities Marathon
Full Marathon Registration Cap: 1,100
**7:00 a.m. Start Back in 2013!!!**
After great success in 2012, we're keeping the start time at 7:00 a.m. in 2013. The earlier start time allows you to be able to beat any heat concerns on race day and makes you part of a starting line with Half Marathon & Relay Marathon participants featuring over 5,000 runners and walkers!
The Community First Fox Cities Marathon begins in front of the Barlow Planetarium on the University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley campus in Menasha and makes its way through seven Fox Cities communities before finishing at scenic Riverside Park near downtown Neenah.
All Full Marathon finishers receive a 2013 custom printed long-sleeve technical FINISHERS shirt and a Finishers medal to commemorate their race participation and finish at the 2013 Community First Fox Cities Marathon!
Gender Specific Shirts
Back for a second year, all 2013 all Community First Fox Cities Marathon finishers will receive a gender specific shirt in the Finish Line Chute! Please make sure you select your correct shirt size on your registration form!
2013 Marathon Course Maps
Click here to access the 2013 Full Marathon map via MapMyRun
- Includes mile marker locations & elevation chart
Sunday Morning Start Times
6:00 a.m. Full Marathon participants expecting to finish in 7+ hours only
(Plan to finish under 7 hours? You MUST start at 7:00a.m.)
6:55 a.m. Wheelchair/Hand-crank
7:00 a.m. Full Marathon, Half Marathon, & Relay Marathon
7:05 a.m. Half Marathon - Competitive Walk Division
Starting Line Location
UW-Fox Valley Campus, 1478 Midway Road, Menasha, WI
Click here for Mapquest directions
Start Line Corrals
To ensure a smooth and safe start for all race participants, the field will be separated into three (3) seeded corrals. We ask that you enter the gate that corresponds to the letter on your race bib (i.e. 'CORRAL C'). Your corral number is based on the estimated finishing time you provided us on your registration form. Please look for pacing signage and helpful volunteers at the Start Line to assist you in entering the correct corral.
Seeded corrals with the fastest in the front and progressively slower runners/walkers behind will minimize the amount of unnecessary passing during the first few miles and make for a safer and more enjoyable experience and event for everyone. You may start with a slower corral than you have been assigned; however you cannot start with a faster corral than you have been assigned.
Full Marathon Expected Finishing Time
Pace Per Mile
Less than 9:00
4:00 - 5:00
9:00 - 11:30
Finish Line Location
Riverside Park, Wisconsin Ave., Neenah, WI
Click here for Mapquest directions
2013 Registration Fees
Aug 1 - Sept 19
Full Marathon Course Information
- USATF Certified Course – Boston Qualifier!
- The course is open until 2:00 p.m.
- No race-day entries are permitted
- Transfer of race numbers is not allowed
- As a courtesy to those who expect to take more than seven hours to complete the course, we offer a 6:00 a.m. early start time. This will ensure the safety and availability of water, food, and enthusiastic crowds to cheer on all finishers. (The early start at 6:00 a.m. is ONLY for Marathoners who expect to finish in over 7 hours. THIS IS NOT AN ALTERNATE START! Those who finish in under 7 hours may be subject to disqualification.)
- You must wear your timing chip
- Water and Gatorade will be available throughout the course approximately every 1-2 miles. GU Energy Gel will be available at two locations on the course.
- Porta-potties will be available at the Start Line, Finish Line and near every water station approximately every 1-2 miles.
- Regular bikes, skates, dogs, strollers or unauthorized vehicles are not allowed
- Click here for shuttle and parking information.
- Visit our FAQ page if you have more questions.
Full Marathon Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration
University of Wisconsin - Fox Valley, 1478 Midway Road, Menasha
Friday, September 20th 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 21st 9:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m.
Ample parking is available on the west side of UW-Fox Valley
(access to parking via University Ave, north of Midway Rd)
PaceSetters Pacing Teams
The PaceSetters Running Club of the Fox Cities will provide group leaders to assist runners in achieving their goal time for the Marathon. Target times will be 3 hrs. 15 min., 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, and 5:00.
Participation is FREE! Register at the PaceSetters Running Club booth during packet pick-up at the Expo.
PaceSetters Pacing Team Information Clinic
The PaceSetters Pacing Team Information Clinic held on Saturday, September 21 at 3:30 p.m. at the Health & Wellness Expo. Participants will receive information and meet the PaceSetters club members who will be leading the pacing teams. For more information, please visit our Pacing Team page.
1st Time Half Marathoners Question & Answer Clinic
If you're new to the half marathon distance and you have last minute questions, then plan on attending the 1st Timers Q & A. The clinic takes place at two separate times at the Health & Wellness Expo (check at the PaceSetters Running Club booth at the expo for a more detailed location):
- Friday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 21 at 3:00 p.m.
Both clinic sessions will include a panel of veteran marathon and half marathon participants to set you mind at ease the night before your race.
Overall & Age Division Awards
- Top five male and female overall winners
- Top three male and female masters division winners (40+ years)
- Top three male and female age group winners (age groups start with 19 & under and increase in five-year increments through age 80 & over)
Community Challenge Awards
Marathon participants who live in the following local communities are eligible for Community Challenge Awards (top 3 males & females in each community):
Community Challenge winners are also eligible for all other awards!
Full Marathon Course Video